Allosaurus Dinosaur Wallpaper
The Allosaurus dinosaur on display in life-sized animatronic form at the 2010 California State Fair. Allosaurus was a large, meat-eating dinosaur. It was the biggest meat-eater in North America during the late Jurassic period. Allosaurus was a powerful predator that walked on two powerful legs (bipedal), had a strong, S-shaped neck, and had vertebrae that were different from those of other dinosaurs (hence its name, the "different lizard"). It had a massive tail, a bulky body, a large skull equipped with dozens of sharp teeth and heavy bones. Its arms were short and had three-fingered hands with sharp claws that were up to 6 inches (15 cm) long. Allosaurus was up to 38 feet long (12 m) and 16.5 feet tall (5 m). It weighed about 1400 kg. It had a 3 feet long (90 cm) skull with two short brow-horns and bony knobs and ridges above its eyes and on the top of the head. It had large, powerful jaws with long, sharp, serrated teeth 2 to 4 inches (5 to 10 cm) long. As the prominent large predator in the Morrison Formation, Allosaurus was at the top of the food chain, probably preying on contemporaneous large herbivorous dinosaurs and perhaps even other predators (e.g. Ceratosaurus). Potential prey included ornithopods, stegosaurids, and sauropods. Some paleontologists interpret Allosaurus as having had cooperative social behavior, and hunting in packs, while others believe individuals may have been aggressive toward each other, and that congregations of this genus are the result of lone individuals feeding on the same carcasses. It may have attacked large prey by ambush, using its upper jaws like a hatchet.
The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibit with life-like animatronic dinosaurs on display. These life-sized highly realistic dinosaurs are presented in an appealing environment with theatrical lighting, sound effects including ambient "primeval world noises" and roars and grunts from the dinos, simulated terrain and informational signs. The dinosaur figures are accurate according to the current understanding of how the dinosaurs probably looked. The Days of the Dinosaurs is great exhibit if you like seeing life-sized dinos in motion and is fun for the whole family. This photo was taken at the 2010 California State Fair and Exposition in Sacramento, California. The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibition with tour dates for 2009 and 2010 as follows:
Belem, Brazil - Boulevard Shopping Belem - April 30 to June 13
Paris, France - Paris Expo - Porte de Versailles - May 15 to July 31
Munich, Germany - Deutsher Theater - June 29 to August 22
West Fargo, ND, USA - Red River Valley Fair - July 9 to July 17
Sacramento, CA, USA - California State Fair - July 14 to August 1
Great Falls, MT, USA - Montana State Fair - July 30 to August 7
Regina, SK, Canada - Queen City Exhibition - August 4 to August 8
West Allis, WI, USA - Wisconsin State Fair - August 5 to August 15
Boise, ID, USA - Western Idaho Fair - August 20 to August 29
Salem, OR, USA - Oregon State Fair - August 8 to September 6
Monroe, WA, USA - Evergreen State Fair - August 26 to September 6
Gyor, Hungary - EtoPark - March 27 to June 6
Busharest, Romania - Romexpo - February 6 to April 24
Fortaleza, Brazil - Shopping Iguatemi - March 4 to April 4
Budapest, Hungary - HungExpo - July 13 to August 2
Arequipa, Peru - September 5 to October 11
Rinderhallen, Vienna, Austria - September 8 to November 2
Trujillo, Peru - Centro Comercial Mall Avenue Plaza - November 14 to December 20
Wels, Austria - Messe Wels, December 5 to January 28
- Click preview image above to download or view full size free desktop wallpaper.
- Right-click on full size image and select option to set as wallpaper or desktop background/picture.
- Tap preview image above to display full size wallpaper image for the iPhone/iPad.
- Touch and hold your finger on the image until the side-up menu appears and select "Save Image".
- Go to Settings and select Wallpaper.
- Select either the lock screen or springboard background.
- Select "Camera Roll" and find the image you saved in step 2 and tap it.
- Move and scale the image as desired, then tap "set" to set iPhone/iPad wallpaper background.
- These pictures are NOT stock photos and may not be used as such.
- Wallpaper images are licensed for personal use as desktop backgrounds ONLY.
- All commercial use of these images and pictures is prohibited.
- These desktop backgrounds and wallpapers may NOT be reproduced, retransmitted, or redistributed in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, without express written consent.
- Wallpaper may NOT be altered or modified.
- The watermark on the picture may NOT be altered, removed or obscured.