Velociraptor Statue Wallpaper
This larger than life model/statue of a velociraptor was at the Days of the Dinosaur exhibit at the 2010 California State Fair. The velociraptor is a genus of dromaeosaurid theropod dinosaur that existed approximately 75 to 71 million years ago during the later part of the Cretaceous Period. Smaller than other dromaeosaurids like Deinonychus and Achillobator, the turkey-sized Velociraptor nevertheless shared many of the same anatomical features. It was a bipedal, feathered carnivore with a long, stiffened tail and an enlarged sickle-shaped claw on each hindfoot, which is thought to have been used to kill its prey. Velociraptor can be distinguished from other dromaeosaurids by its long and low skull, with an upturned snout. Velociraptor (commonly shortened to 'raptor') is one of the dinosaur genera most familiar to the general public due to its prominent role in the Jurassic Park motion picture series. In the films it was shown with anatomical inaccuracies, including being much larger than it was in reality and without feathers. It is also well known to paleontologists, with over a dozen recovered fossil skeletons, the most of any dromaeosaurid. One particularly famous specimen preserves a Velociraptor locked in combat with a Protoceratops.
The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibit with life-like animatronic dinosaurs on display. These life-sized highly realistic dinosaurs are presented in an appealing environment with theatrical lighting, sound effects including ambient "primeval world noises" and roars and grunts from the dinos, simulated terrain and informational signs. The dinosaur figures are accurate according to the current understanding of how the dinosaurs probably looked. The Days of the Dinosaurs is great exhibit if you like seeing life-sized dinos in motion and is fun for the whole family. This photo was taken at the 2010 California State Fair and Exposition in Sacramento, California. The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibition with tour dates for 2009 and 2010 as follows:
Belem, Brazil - Boulevard Shopping Belem - April 30 to June 13
Paris, France - Paris Expo - Porte de Versailles - May 15 to July 31
Munich, Germany - Deutsher Theater - June 29 to August 22
West Fargo, ND, USA - Red River Valley Fair - July 9 to July 17
Sacramento, CA, USA - California State Fair - July 14 to August 1
Great Falls, MT, USA - Montana State Fair - July 30 to August 7
Regina, SK, Canada - Queen City Exhibition - August 4 to August 8
West Allis, WI, USA - Wisconsin State Fair - August 5 to August 15
Boise, ID, USA - Western Idaho Fair - August 20 to August 29
Salem, OR, USA - Oregon State Fair - August 8 to September 6
Monroe, WA, USA - Evergreen State Fair - August 26 to September 6
Gyor, Hungary - EtoPark - March 27 to June 6
Busharest, Romania - Romexpo - February 6 to April 24
Fortaleza, Brazil - Shopping Iguatemi - March 4 to April 4
Budapest, Hungary - HungExpo - July 13 to August 2
Arequipa, Peru - September 5 to October 11
Rinderhallen, Vienna, Austria - September 8 to November 2
Trujillo, Peru - Centro Comercial Mall Avenue Plaza - November 14 to December 20
Wels, Austria - Messe Wels, December 5 to January 28
- Click preview image above to download or view full size free desktop wallpaper.
- Right-click on full size image and select option to set as wallpaper or desktop background/picture.
- Tap preview image above to display full size wallpaper image for the iPhone/iPad.
- Touch and hold your finger on the image until the side-up menu appears and select "Save Image".
- Go to Settings and select Wallpaper.
- Select either the lock screen or springboard background.
- Select "Camera Roll" and find the image you saved in step 2 and tap it.
- Move and scale the image as desired, then tap "set" to set iPhone/iPad wallpaper background.
- These pictures are NOT stock photos and may not be used as such.
- Wallpaper images are licensed for personal use as desktop backgrounds ONLY.
- All commercial use of these images and pictures is prohibited.
- These desktop backgrounds and wallpapers may NOT be reproduced, retransmitted, or redistributed in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, without express written consent.
- Wallpaper may NOT be altered or modified.
- The watermark on the picture may NOT be altered, removed or obscured.