Tyrannosaurus Rex Wallpaper
The fearsome Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur on display in life-sized animatronic form at the 2010 California State Fair. Tyrannosaurus rex was one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs that ever lived. Everything about this ferocious predator, from its thick, heavy skull to its 4-foot-long (1.2-meter-long) jaw, was designed for maximum bone-crushing action. Fossil evidence shows that Tyrannosaurus was about 40 feet (12 meters) long and about 15 to 20 feet (4.6 to 6 meters) tall. Its strong thighs and long, powerful tail helped it move quickly, and its massive 5-foot-long (1.5-meter-long) skull could bore into prey. T. rex's serrated, conical teeth were most likely used to pierce and grip flesh, which it then ripped away with its brawny neck muscles. Its two-fingered forearms could probably seize prey, but they were too short to reach its mouth. Scientists believe this powerful bipedal predator could eat up to 500 pounds (230 kilograms) of meat in one bite. Fossils of T. rex prey, including Triceratops and Edmontosaurus, suggest T. rex crushed and broke bones as it ate, and broken bones have been found in its dung. Tyrannosaurus rex lived in forested river valleys in North America during the late Cretaceous period. It became extinct about 65 million years ago in the Cretaceous-Tertiary mass extinction. The T-Rex is one of the most popular dinosaurs due to its size and power. It was further popularized by movies like "Jurassic Park" in which it was featured prominently.
The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibit with life-like animatronic dinosaurs on display. These life-sized highly realistic dinosaurs are presented in an appealing environment with theatrical lighting, sound effects including ambient "primeval world noises" and roars and grunts from the dinos, simulated terrain and informational signs. The dinosaur figures are accurate according to the current understanding of how the dinosaurs probably looked. The Days of the Dinosaurs is great exhibit if you like seeing life-sized dinos in motion and is fun for the whole family. This photo was taken at the 2010 California State Fair and Exposition in Sacramento, California. The Days of the Dinosaurs is a traveling exhibition with tour dates for 2009 and 2010 as follows:
Belem, Brazil - Boulevard Shopping Belem - April 30 to June 13
Paris, France - Paris Expo - Porte de Versailles - May 15 to July 31
Munich, Germany - Deutsher Theater - June 29 to August 22
West Fargo, ND, USA - Red River Valley Fair - July 9 to July 17
Sacramento, CA, USA - California State Fair - July 14 to August 1
Great Falls, MT, USA - Montana State Fair - July 30 to August 7
Regina, SK, Canada - Queen City Exhibition - August 4 to August 8
West Allis, WI, USA - Wisconsin State Fair - August 5 to August 15
Boise, ID, USA - Western Idaho Fair - August 20 to August 29
Salem, OR, USA - Oregon State Fair - August 8 to September 6
Monroe, WA, USA - Evergreen State Fair - August 26 to September 6
Gyor, Hungary - EtoPark - March 27 to June 6
Busharest, Romania - Romexpo - February 6 to April 24
Fortaleza, Brazil - Shopping Iguatemi - March 4 to April 4
Budapest, Hungary - HungExpo - July 13 to August 2
Arequipa, Peru - September 5 to October 11
Rinderhallen, Vienna, Austria - September 8 to November 2
Trujillo, Peru - Centro Comercial Mall Avenue Plaza - November 14 to December 20
Wels, Austria - Messe Wels, December 5 to January 28
- Click preview image above to download or view full size free desktop wallpaper.
- Right-click on full size image and select option to set as wallpaper or desktop background/picture.
- Tap preview image above to display full size wallpaper image for the iPhone/iPad.
- Touch and hold your finger on the image until the side-up menu appears and select "Save Image".
- Go to Settings and select Wallpaper.
- Select either the lock screen or springboard background.
- Select "Camera Roll" and find the image you saved in step 2 and tap it.
- Move and scale the image as desired, then tap "set" to set iPhone/iPad wallpaper background.
- These pictures are NOT stock photos and may not be used as such.
- Wallpaper images are licensed for personal use as desktop backgrounds ONLY.
- All commercial use of these images and pictures is prohibited.
- These desktop backgrounds and wallpapers may NOT be reproduced, retransmitted, or redistributed in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, without express written consent.
- Wallpaper may NOT be altered or modified.
- The watermark on the picture may NOT be altered, removed or obscured.